Recent Articles: About Me
I love making stuff and solving puzzles. I am mak...
Here are some Lua libraries that I have used or fi...
Intro :Trying to learn and standardize the Foreig...
This section contains links to everything related ...
Some notes on the C code of the Lua Compiler Lua ...
Here are some Lua libraries that I have used or find interesting and consider using
- LuaRocks! - Package management system for Lua
- Dub C++ binding generator - To generate C++ files to bind to C++ libraries
- Lua Minifier - To minify code, which sort of obfuscates the code.
- lua-minify - Lua Minifier written in Lua
- Squish - Also packs multiple files into a single file.
- LibDeflate - Pure Lua Compression and Decompression. Quite large program compared to Lualzw
- Lua-Compress-DeflateLua - Pure Lua Compression and Decompression but looks complicated to use. Not updated for a long time.
- Lualzw - Single small Lua file for compression and decompression. Did not have as good compression as LibDeflate but was 2 times as fast exactly. In 1 try it compressed to 34.6% of original size for a word doc while Libdeflate did 20.9% of original size.
- lua-instrument - Library to control lab equipment through VISA library
- LuaInput - Library to record and simulate keyboard and mouse activity. Only windows supported currently.
- lua BrickPi - Binding to BrickPi to interface Raspberry Pi to Lego NXT
- wxLua - interface to the wxWidgets cross platform library for GUI programming
- iuplua - compact GUI toolkit with the basic tools needed to make any complex UI. It is cross platform and easy to use.
- luasockets - Library for socket programming in lua
- luaCURL - CURL interface on Lua
- lua-sophia - Embeddable Key-Value database
- luaSQL - Library to interface SQL databases like MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite
- tableDB - A module to abstract sqlite tables to lua tables. No interaction with SQL needed at all so can be plugged into existing Lua code which use and store lua tables.
- Tarantool - RAM based database with persistence. But windows support is not there. It is not embeddable also.
- LXML - Module written in Lua to parse or write XML files
- LuaTerminal - Module to add a Lua terminal to any IUP based application
- LuaTerminalRemote - Module to provide a simplified interface to connect to a remote instance of LuaTerminal.
- luarings - Create slave lua states from within Lua code and communicate with them.
- Terra Language - Compiled low level language built to interface directly with Lua.
- Lua FFI - Foreign Function Interface libraries for Lua
- LuaMath - Doing math with Lua
- lua-complex - Pure Lua library written to add complex number handling capability to lua
- lua-plot - Lua module to add plotting capabilities to lua
- Many2One - If you have written software in lua split into multiple files requiring different modules you would have definitely encountered a problem of distribution of your code as a single Lua file. This simple utility combines all lua code files into 1 for easy distribution.