- See this page here to install svn2git.
- Make sure git,git-svn and ruby are installed (All of them should be in the path variable as well)
- Install svn2git using rubygems like:
- Start the svnserver. This is needed since svn2git cannot access the database directly if it is beyond a certain svn version:
- Go to the directory where you want to create the git repository for this svn repository
- Issue the following command there
- Benefits of using a version control system
- Relocating an SVN repository